Tools for the journey
- A gentle heart
Day 5. Jesus healed the sick and so can you
Jesus healed the sick, gave sick to blind and raised the dead. Although He is not on the earth at this time we can be his hands by serving those that are unwell. A kind word, a gentle hand and time is often enough to help others through an illness, even when that illness is beyond medical intervention and we can do it through love.
Some people have the Gift of Healing and seem to be able to uplift and help anyone and everyone, but do not be put off because of what you see others see, a gentle hand is also needed. Be open to ways in which you can serve.
“2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him,
saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him,
saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”
To Do List
- Take a First Aid course – and if a course is not available. Try a local college or check online.
- Train in CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) and save a life.
- Keep your skills up to date.
- Serve those who are sick by being there for them and supporting them.
- Pray and ask for help and guidance.