To help you follow my journey and enable you to see more clearly where your journey is leading you, you may find the following useful – i know i have and still do.
- A Journal or a note book you can use as a journal
- Pens, pencils, coloured fibre tipped fine line pens
- Post-it notes or sticky notes, big ones and small ones
- A note book to use as a gratitude journal
- Scriptures – you can access free scriptures scriptures online, but there may be some other scriptures that you would prefer to use instead. (You can download them free to most devices.)
Day 1. Jesus lifted others’ burdens and so can you.
It is December 1st and only 25 days till we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I know for many people this is a time of spend, spend, spend, but take a thought for those who are lonely, alone, old, disabled or indeed be thy neighbour’s neighbour.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and as a member i have been asked to share the Light of the World – 25 days of Gifts that we have been freely given and therefore should freely give to others. Even, before this new program was announced i knew that this month belonged to Jesus Christ because after spending almost 40 days in quiet contemplation, meditation and prayer i know that this is what God, Angels and the Universe want me to share with the world.
Over the years i know that Jesus has helped me carry my burdens. Sometimes it has felt as if he was actually by my side lifting the heavy loads i needed to carry through my days and at other times, he has sent Angels in the form of friends, both physically and even across cyberspace. I bear testimony that He lives, He knows me and He knows what i need and when i need it.
Today I surrender to His will and then i will surrender some more!
My word for the coming year is SURRENDER!
I do not know where my journey will lead me, but i do know that today and for the whole of December i will bear His word and allow Him to show me how i can be his servant. But, for today He asked only this ‘Jesus lifted others’ burdens and so can we.’ Today see how you can lift someone else’s burdens.
Each day comes with a 30 second video, everyone can spare 30 seconds!?
Here are a few ideas… lift someone else’s burdens today.
To do List
- Begin today, if you have not already to keep a sacred daily records of all your doings – keep a Journal.
- Begin to count to 1,000 Gifts that God has given you and will continue to give you every day.
- Read, study and ponder Matthew 11:28-30. What does it mean to you, when you are asked to lift another’s burdens?